Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

A Spring Journey Along the Roads of Kentucky

I visited  the Knobs area of Kentucky during the last two weeks of March.  It is located where the Appalachian Mountains slope down to the Bluegrass leaving an edging of tiny hills called knobs.  Spring arrived very early this year allowing early blooms to collide with later ones creating an unbelievable burst
of color.




As spring progressed, the vibrancy of pink redbuds, white dogwoods, and deep green cedars made the landscape  look as if an impressionist artist had painted with a palette that held only shades of pink, cream and green. The drive back to West Virginia along I64 was like a fantasy. Unfortunately, I was alone and driving so I could not take pictures.


This is a picture taken along a little road in Rockcastle County.




Travelling north into Madison County near Berea is a picturesque 
barn ready to tumble in a hard storm while a long forgotten truck rusts beside it.




An evening sky flashes shades of pink and purple echoing the
 beauty of the trees below.




Travelling down I75 and shooting a picture from the car window
created this unique picture that hints of the evening's beauty.




With the unusually warm  weather and the glow of the moon,
the night seems cozy and secure.




More pictures of roads with pink laced edges.








And cattle grazing in fields




A spring storm moves in creating a sky of blue and white etchings.







The cattle don't seem to notice.




Finally, the storm passes, and a robin sits on the post watching for insects.



2 comments:

  1. Hi. I love this posting with all of the beautiful Redbud trees in bloom. The country side is so beautiful in spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It'm glad you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I don't think I have ever seen a prettier spring, or at least not one that I can remember. I'll be posting more spring pictures soon.

      Delete